Six Ways to Make Your Home More Energy Efficient
1) Maintain your heating and cooling system– It’s important to clean or replace air filters once a month. One of the best ways to keep your equipment running at peak performance is to have Arctic Air do our Spring & Fall tune-ups.
2) Seal air leaks-Fixing leaks around your home will help you get the full performance out of insulation. The biggest gaps are usually found in the attic, and around doors and windows.
3) Equipment needs to be sized properly for your home- If the heating or cooling unit is too large it will short cycle, and not run at optimal levels
4) Replace your old equipment with Energy Star Products-When purchasing heating or cooling equipment, look for the ENERGY STAR label.
5) ) Seal Ducts-Ducts that are damaged or blocked can leak conditioned air and reduce your system’s efficiency by as much as 20%. You can improve your ducts performance by calling Arctic Air Heating & Cooling to do an inspection
6) Install a programmable thermostat- When you are not home turn down your thermostat to save money. An ENERGY STAR thermostat, when used correctly, can save you about $100 every year in energy costs
LIC. # TACLB50341C